Friday, January 7, 2011

my favorite vintage find...

this little piece of furniture would by far be my favorite "vintage" find.

a couple of years ago i stumbled upon it in a little antique shop.
it was one of those thing i had to have, and normally i would have called my husband to make sure it was okay before i purchased it, but i told them i would take it anyways!
i love everything about it. the fabric is original and a bit faded.
but i love it.

hanging above it is part of my antique plate collection.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog I like to go antiquing too but w/ my 3 yr old its not very conducive to having very old and breakable stuff in my house! Keep it up so i can keep reading!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That piece is gorgeous!! It would be one of my favorites as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous! I LOVE it. Plates hanging above are darling ps.

    www.LittleMissPennyWenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome find! I would have done the same thing you did and bought it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I definitely would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely to die for piece! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I love the color on the walls- what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments!!!! The color of the walls is "pickle barrel" by Olympic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your settee, I'm looking for one to go at the end of my bed. Great find!

    ReplyDelete