Monday, January 24, 2011

tool shed

for christmas this past year my husband and i wanted to get our
little boy a tool work bench for christmas.
he loves helping his dad with everything around the house.
i wanted a wooden one, not plastic, because i was afraid it would not hold up
.
we contemplated between buying different ones but all of the ones we looked
at seemed poorly made for the money.

here is a couple that we looked at:

kid kraft tool bench $90 -$139.00
Kids Workbench
kids workbench $93.97

i felt like he was going to grow out of these before we did get our money out, if
it had not already fallen apart.

so we decided to build him one and i must say i love the way it turned out.

here it is right after we finished...


the cedar shake roof is my favorite part.



and here it is once we got it in the house and all the toys with it...



i stained the wood and painted the back part to look like stainless steel.
and as you can see it stores a good bit of toys...



we can actually add another shelf to the bottom when he gets a little taller.



we installed a light under the cedar roof, and it turned out so cute.
the light actually plugs into the wall, from the back.





since we loved the way it turned out we have decided to start selling them.
contact me for pricing:
hmccomb@carolina.rr.com
or leave a comment.
pricing will vary due to different options: size, locker bins, tool box, lighting
or customized colors.

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love the way it turned out! It looks WAY better than any of the "store bought" one's you posted, and he definitely won't outgrow this one anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I wish we had room for one at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I remember you telling me about it at Harbor Freight and it sounded cute, so glad you posted pics! If I had seen this when Toby was younger I would have gotten one from you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad ya'll are going to sell them! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Hannah, it looks waaaaay better than any of the store bought ones, you and Ryan make a good team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know, I think this thing is way cool!

    ReplyDelete